Geodesic Limited today announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR Q4 – FY 12
- Geodesic reported revenues of Rs. 230 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Geodesic reported earnings of Rs. 61 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- EPS stood at Rs. 6.80 for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR Q4 – FY 12
- Geodesic added 34 employees during the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Geodesic launched BBeep - a secure, cross-platform mobile messenger for iPhone, Android and Java phones. BBeep now covers more than 80 smart phone models. BBeep allows users to exchange messages with their phone contacts and make free voice calls.
Geodesic‘s VoIP service, Spokn added comprehensive features to its service making it one of the top applications available and being used in the Middle East.
- Launched O-VoIP technology that allows customers from Middle-East to use Spokn in spite of ISP (Internet Service Provider) blocking in Middle East
- Launched Spokn for the Android platforms, based on our O-VoIP technology, which makes it usable in the Middle-East.
- Geodesic launched an advanced version of Enlyte Note - collaborative notes application for iPad with additional collaborative feature which enables desktop sharing and real time broadcasting wherein users can share notes or files in real time.
- Geodesic's subsidiary Chandamama India Limited made its foray in the animation industry by launching its first set of short animated films allowing viewers to enjoy 10 Jataka Tales, Kaaga - the greedy crow, learns from Lola, the pigeon in ‘Greed Never Pays’ and ‘Pray Preach Not’ on iPad and iPhone.
CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS
- Mundu TV, a live internet television service, was integrated with the Omnesys trading platform ‘Nest Plus’ to provide stock and communities traders India’s top 5 business TV channels as part of the trading terminal application.
- Geodesic signed an agreement with Huawei - a leading global ICT solutions provider to preload Mundu TV on Data Cards that connect to Desktops.
- Geodesic launched financial applications for NDTV Pofit, a leading media house to provide users with real time information on world financial markets. The application has been launched on iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android platforms.
- Geodesic signed an agreement to build a Mobile Portal for Religare Securities and extended its financial solution &services by developing an end-to-end online broking platform for Religare (Australia)
Geodesic signed agreements to deploy GeoAmida across multiple segments and projects:
- M-Cash, subsidiary of the multinational group MobiCash Africa to roll out a large rural financial service network in Uganda. M-Cash Uganda and Housing Finance Bank (HFB) is a joint venture that is seeking to introduce a virtual Bank account scheme that enables customers to send money within Uganda.
- Airtel, No.1 network provider for an e-Challan project for the Delhi Traffic Police. Delhi traffic police will use GeoAmida devices to issue e-challans and fines for traffic offences on the spot.
- Tata Consultancy Services and HCL, IT Giants to roll out their financial inclusion projects with various banks.
- State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ) to facilitate procurement of GeoAmida handheld terminals for implementation of SBBJ’s financial inclusion project in Rajasthan.
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP) for implementation of SBP’s financial inclusion project in Rajasthan.
- MphasiS, a unit of Hewlett-Packard Co., an information technology services company based in Bangalore, to roll out their financial inclusion projects on GeoAmida with various banks.
- In addition, Geodesic will be executing other pilots with banks for implementing AEPS system and other upcoming opportunities.
ABOUT GEODESIC LIMITED
Geodesic Limited is an innovator of software products focused in the areas of Content Management, Unified Communication, CRM and Collaboration Solutions for the enterprise and the retail segments. Geodesic products include Mundu Radio, Mundu TV, Mundu IM &SMS, BBeep, Spokn, Continuum and Spyder. Headquartered in Mumbai, India. Geodesic offers its solutions across smart phones, tablets and desktop computers. Geodesic has successfully launched e-governance solutions using GeoAmida – a handheld terminal used largely for Financial Inclusion, Public Distribution Systems, NREGA and Law Enforcement. The Fn Division of Geodesic specializes in offering innovation driven products and solutions for the financial services industry including Broking, Banking & Insurance.
The company is listed on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange in India. Geodesic has offices in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad in India, USA, Uruguay, UK, UAE, Hong Kong and Mauritius.
For more information, please feel free contact us:
Head - Corporate Communications
Geodesic Limited (www.geodesic.com)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org